23 Mar Mirrors in Outdoor Spaces in Oklahoma City!
Mirror, mirror on the wall, when it comes to creative outdoor spaces in Oklahoma City, whose the greatest of them all? No, but seriously, we are going to talk about using mirrors today in your outdoor designs. Other than confirming just exactly how good looking you are, mirrors can add a lot to your outdoor spaces.
Make Spaces Appear Larger
Reflective surfaces make spaces look larger by adding light, and movement, and extending the space through the use of reflections.
- Use a single mirror to extend a short space, or open up an intimate space with a reflecting “window”
- Create a wall of mirrors to extend natural space at the end of your landscape.
Create Visual Interest
Mirrors come in an almost endless variety of shapes and sizes, you can find one to fit almost any style of architecture for your outdoor spaces in Oklahoma City.
- Choose frames styles, colors, and textures to complement existing elements!
- In addition to light and reflected natural elements, the light from mirrors outside adds motion to your space as the reflections are stirred by the breeze.
Mask or Camouflage Unsightly Elements
Not every part of every yard is exactly what we want it to be, but there are some elements we cannot simply remove. Mirrors can help make the best of those.
- Use a wall of mirrors to hide the element or mount mirrors into a wall for a window effect that masks unsightly utilities and the like.
- Reflected natural elements help to create a focal point, drawing the eye away from “ugly spots”.
Tomorrow we will talk more about choosing and creating mirrors. If you have ideas for your outdoor spaces in Oklahoma City, please let us know how we can help! Call Jerry at 615-0939 for a free consultation. We love to help homeowners get the most out of their backyards. Ward Design Group, Reinventing Paradise!
Read more on the topic Mirrors in Outdoor Spaces in part 2.
The mirrors featured here are from a great site we like! http://www.primrose.co.uk/garden-mirrors-c-83.html